If you’re like our Foxy Chef Michael, you’ll want to be prepared for the best day of the year! And of course, we’re talking about Pancake Day!
Michael has given us his secret home recipe for the best American pancakes topped with butter and maple syrup!Print
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 40g Butter, melted
- 200ml Milk
- Extra butter for cooking
- Vegetable oil
- Maple syrup
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl, and give them all a good mix until combined.
- Next, add all wet ingredients to your dry mix. Give them all a good whisk until you have a smooth pancake batter.
- Heat up your frying pan and add a little knob of butter with a touch of vegetable oil. You’ll know it’s ready when your butter begins to foam.
- To measure one pancake, use one full-level ladle and pour it into the center of your frying pan.
- Now it’s time to wait for the small bubbles to appear before you can start flipping the pancake over.
- At this point, I would recommend someone videoing the pancake flip just in case it’s Instagram-worthy or you’ve been framed moment!
- Once flipped over, let cook for a few minutes then finally place onto a plate. If you would like a pancake stack, repeat the process until you’re happy with your pancake mountain!
- To finish your pancake masterpiece top them off with some softened butter and a drizzle of maple syrup!
- Taa-daaaa, enjoy your Foxy Pancakes by our Chef Michael