Did someone say Foxy Recipe?
This month’s recipe is our amazing Apricot, Ginger & White Chocolate Flapjack!Print
- 1kg oats
- 500g butter
- 500g golden syrup
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g soft brown sugar
- 250g Chopped Stem Ginger
- Apricot Jam
- Diced dry apricots
- White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees and line a 20cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt together your butter, golden syrup, sugars, and stem ginger in one pan.
- Next, mix together your syrup-butter mixture and your oats in a bowl.
- Now, place half of your Oaty mixture into your lined baking tin and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Place a layer of apricot jam on the Oaty mixture and sprinkle your diced apricots and white chocolate chips on top.
- With the other half of the Oaty mixture spoon it on top of your apricot layer that you’ve just made and again smooth it out with your spoon.
- Place into your oven and bake your foxy flapjack for about 30 minutes.
- Once baked, leave aside to cool.
- With your leftover White Chocolate Chips, melt them down in a Bain Marie or microwave for the White Chocolate drizzle.
- Once your foxy flapjack is cold enough you can your melted white chocolate over the top using a piping bag. Then sprinkle your leftover chopped apricots over the top to finish!
- When your Chocolate is set, cut it into portions!
- Taaaa-daaaa one Foxy Apricot, Ginger and White chocolate flapjack!