Our home made carrot, curry & coconut soup is a regularly on the menu at The Running Fox and is also known as the 3 C’s Soup.
Here’s our chef Michael’s very own recipe for you to try at home.
Add a warm Foxy cheese scone with lashings of butter and snuggle down.
- 1 x large white onion, diced
- 2 x celery sticks, sliced
- 1 x peeled potato, diced
- 1 x peeled sweet potato, diced
- 750g peeled carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp korma curry paste
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Coriander & Chives (optional)
- Warm vegetable oil in a heavy based pan on medium heat.
- Add onions and celery and cook until slightly softened.
- Add the rest of the chopped vegetables and cook for a further 5 mins, keep moving to prevent sticking.
- Add the curry paste and powder, stir well until all vegetables are well coated and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add in the vegetable stock bring to a gentle simmer and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If a little thick add some more vegetable stock.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and chives.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 365
- Fat: 7.5
- Saturated Fat: 3.2