Foxy Cheese scones
Makes 10 (Foxy size!)
- 800g plain flour
- 160g margarine/butter
- 40g baking powder
- 20g mustard powder
- 250ml Milk
- Rub the above ingredients together to a fine crumb.
- Add 120g of grated cheddar and 250ml of milk to form a dough. If the dough feels a bit dry, add a little more milk.
- Roll out the dough to about 1 inch or 3cm thickness and cut out scones with a scone cutter. Lay them on an oven tray lined with baking parchment, brush them with a little milk and top them with some grated cheddar.
- Bake in the middle of a preheated oven at 175 degrees C for 25 minutes.
- Why not pimp your scones and add your favourite things to the scone dough!
- Try Chopped fresh herbs or Roast Red Peppers or Sundried Tomatoes & Feta or Some chopped cooked bacon and some more cheese!